Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Love of God

I have been reading "Lies that Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss.  Summer, a precious friend of mine told me it was a must read for all women and I would agree with her.  It has been very helpful in pointing out lies that I have grown to believe over time and the truth that should rule in my life.  I wanted to share a quick quote from this book that I am still soaking up.
"Put together all the tenderest love you know of, the deepest you have ever felt, and the strongest that has ever been poured out upon you, and heap upon it all the love of all the loving human hearts in the world, and then multiply it by infinity, and you will begin, perhaps, to have some faint glimpse of what the love of God is."
Hannah Whitall Smith

1 comment:

Laurie M. said...

I've read that book and it is quite good. I benefited quite a bit from it, but there are a few areas in which I disagree with her.

(Specifically I disagree that women who don't have as many children as they possibly can, or who try to in any way to prevent conception, are anti-life, which is her position. She also believes there is no circumstance whatsoever in which divorce is permissible.)