Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Street Outreach to Jolly Cruz

Pastor Topher went with Steven and I to check on Jolly Cruz.  Jolly (for those of you who have not heard about him) was in our home for boys (ABP2) when Lindsey came in 2002.  When we all arrived in 2005 Jolly was still in ABP2.  He was always one of Lindsey's favorites.  Shortly after we arrived Jolly returned to the streets.  Unfortunately he is addicted to Rugby (the glue used to glue the soles on shoes) which is very addictive and kills brains cells.  We bought all of these boys Jollibee spaghetti, chicken and rice.  They ate it with a passion, as they were so hungry.  We also took Jolly a bag with bananas, and peanuts in it.  While Jolly says he is tired of living on the street, he is still using rugby.  Please pray for Pastor Topher as he ministers to these boys.







6 comments:

LiNz said...

Ugh, I miss him! It's funny how the Lord just gives you a love for certain ones. He is definitely one of them! I love the pictures, they are great! He has gotten so handsome and really is growing into a man, not so much my Lil' 9 yr. old that I first met. Thank yall for making that trip and letting me see him again through your eyes. It's a bitter sweet heartache, because he is still in the streets, but I am able to see him again. Thank you! Love you both!

Tonggu Grammy said...

What a blessing that as you are winding down in Manila, you were able to reconnect with Jolly. I will continue to pray for him and for Topher as he ministers to the street kids. Glad Lindsey got to see the pics of Jolly!!!!

Ken said...

Thank you - Ken

yum7 said...

hi deborah!
it was very good to see jolly thru the pictures again...
i am very excited for your next steps...i'm assuming you'll not use this blogger address anymore? please make sure to share your new one. =)
it'll be weird to think of Manila w/o you. wow, what a magical time i had w/ y'all!

Josh Mickey said...

Wow, its good to see and hear of Jolly again. I remember many times running into him on my way back to the guest house from ABP 2. Like Lindsey said it is bitter sweet knowing he is on the streets. In the first picture Genesis is looking like a man now, WOW! Its good to see him. I pray that your remaining time spent in the Philippines will continue to grow the kingdom.
Thanks for the update and pictures, it has been a blessing to my day.
Josh

Laurie M. said...

Oh what wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing them. I know you must be leaving a piece of your hearts there with those lovely children. May God protect and comfort you on your way.