Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tacy #2

On the way back from meeting our mentor, Debbie Kanavel, we saw Tacy sitting in a park by the tram. She loves sitting there looking at the Queensbourough Bridge (with all the lights) and the Tram. It was 8:15 at night and there she was sitting all by herself. She was so glad to see us and while she seems very content, I found myself wondering if she is lonely and where her family lives. She is originally fromTennessee like us but has been in New York City for over 30 years. Tacy talked about the Lord and her not always obeying Him. I asked her if she knew that God loved her even when she didn't always obey Him and her eyes lit up like the bridge as she nodded her head. I decided to develop the friendship more as John Leonard suggested instead of just jumping further in about religious things. John mentioned that he tells people in his introduction, "Hi, my name is John and I am your Pastor." so that they know our goal. If we don't tell them and enter a friendship without them knowing our goal, they will wonder our true motives. Tacy was so glad to see us and when we told her we had been looking for her , her face lit up. She told us she would be watching for us again and so I can't wait to see her and ask more. As I thought about our leaving this big city, I realized that our Tacy encounter will always be a sweet, sweet encounter in this huge city.

No comments: